Anyone doing Picis OR Manager/PeopleSoft Matl Mgmt Integrat

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Anyone doing Picis OR Manager/PeopleSoft Matl Mgmt Integrat

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

If anyone has or is about to do this integation (or just Picis OR Manager Material Mgmt to any ERP vendor) and are willing to discuss it please let me know.

You can email me if you like or respond here.

Thanks

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tim Gobbel
      Participant

We have a Picis OR (Care Suite) to Lawson process that does not invovlve the engine at this point.  We use samba on Lawson and map a drive from Picis to the Lawson samba drive and then use windows scheduler to move the files over to Picis for processing.  Thanx!

Robbie Parker
      Participant

We have an interface from Lawson to PicisOR Mgr to add/update item master in Picis.  

This consists of sql .csv output from Lawson, normalized to HL7 via tcl, then translated via xlate to FRL for Picis.  

I normalized to HL7 b/c we had an HL7-to-xlate-to-FRL to Picis established from another vendor…so that was the quickest solution while trying to do other interfaces while implementing Lawson.

Robbie Parker
      Participant

…of course mine goes the other way.  Just noticed that 🙂

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Robbie and Tim,

Did you happen to find the Picis HL/7 message structure to be rather odd?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

Lawson does it in kind of a batch format with one MFI and a whole bunch of MFE or vise versa.  Picis wants a one on one lay out.  Lawson can do no other so we are now waiting for Picis to get a newer version loaded so that it can handle the ‘batch’ setup and I don’t have to use the engine to FTP the file all over the place.  Thanx!

Robbie Parker
      Participant

Jim,

Are you referring to Lawson->MFN->Picis or Picis->MFN->Lawson ?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Robbie,

Well this will be Peoplesoft/PICIS OR Mgr and we are so early in the project we are not sure exactly.

However, the PICIS specification we received shows a CDM Message Type (which does not exist in HL/7 2.3); CD1, CD2 and CD3 segments that also do not exist in 2.3 (in my opinion should be Z segments in order to meet the standard); and fileds in the Cxx segments that do not exist in 2.3 and there is no Data Type specified.

I know we can make a variant up to do almost anything but there is a way to do this in Hl/7 that follows the standard. Apparently the Picis folks do not know enough or are just too lazy to even tgry to follow the standard.

We will probably have to get all ths ironed out in our spec process but can you tell me (based on your experiences) if we can expect the PICIS folks will have anyone who know anything more than what is in their specification?

We expect to do a real-time HL/7 from Picis to Peoplesoft (the Peoplesoft piece we are not sure yet if this will be real-time but have been told this will be XML) and a Peoplesoft unknown protocol XML to a Picis Real-time HL/7.

It is quite possible the push will be for the Peoplesoft protocol to be file based which we would rather not do.

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

My earliest spec doc from 2004 says CDM but all the later ones say MFN^MUP for the message type.

Robbie Parker
      Participant

Jim,

My experience with Picis is that they are a stubborn grouchy vendor…

While implementation Lawson suite, they even tried to tell our Materials dept how they should classify items in our organization to make it easier on the OR Staff and Picis…nevermind the materials staff and the other systems dependant on item master information.  And this came unsolicited simply from me contractually having to tell them the data is now coming from Lawson-  nothing changing, you will see no difference, just let it be known data is now coming from Lawson, and they got on this high horse about how items should be classified outside of their app.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags