“and” alert and Source Count

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf “and” alert and Source Count

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Jerry Sawa
    Participant

I’m trying to create an “and” alert that sends me an email if one of two conditions (alerts in the “Source” field) is true.

The Source Count field, if I have that set to “any” or “at least 1“, shouldn’t that trigger the “and” alert?

I’m unable to find any good documentation on the Source Count field.

I’ve attached a document (Source Count-1) with screenshots of what I’m trying to do.  Ignore the other document.  I am unable to remove it.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Jerry Sawa.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Jerry Sawa.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Seems to me your “AND” will not work.  You are sayin the thread must be UP and Opening – impossible.  This is an OR function

Jerry Sawa
        Participant

Correct.  I want the alert to trigger if one or the other are true.  With Source Count valued as “any” or “at least 1”, I was hoping that would work.  Is that not possible?

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

I found the following

Source Count – This specifies how many of the selected entities must satisfy the condition for the alert to trigger.

Has anyone had any success using Source Count?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Jerry Sawa.
      • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Jerry Sawa.
      lauri buijs
      Participant

Maybe its me but I’m just not following what you are trying to accomplish.

why not use the alert on protocol status and use the comparing option “in” with he values you want to compare to?

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

Hi Lauri.  I really didn’t need the alert I was trying to set up, just wanted to test how Source Count works.  Looks like it doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to.

I’ve never used “in” before and don’t know anything about it.  I’ll test that and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags