Alerts stop triggering

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Alerts stop triggering

• Creator
    Topic
    Luke Anderson
    Participant

I’ve been working on setting up alerts and monitoring them and I’m finding that every so often, the entire alert routine stops triggering alerts until I make some kind of change in the Alert Configurator and re-file alerts.  Has anyone else seen this and have an idea what causes this and how to correct it?  Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Traci Zee
      Participant

We are running 5.7.2 on AIX and have experienced this repeatedly.  No useful data on the cause of the issue.  Posting so I get an update if someone else has news on this issue!

We are working to upgrade to 5.8.5 in hopes that Alerts work better on it.

Russ Ross
      Participant

For many years we have been running a cron job that touches the defal.alrt file in every site once an hour, so we are probably masking the problem if it is occurring here.

We do this so alerts that have fired will continue to go off once an hour until the problem is fixed.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Russ,

The Integrator 5.8.5 Alert configurator now has a repeat alert widget that you can explore after you upgrade.  Will annoy your data center like turning on the old xterm bell with a repeat (we did that for awhile).

BobR

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags