Alert to test paging system

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Alert to test paging system

• Creator
    Topic
    Corey Lewis
    Participant

On our current interface engine, we have a script that runs everyday at a certain time.  That let’s those of us carrying a pager know that the interface engine modem is connected and working correctly.  Is there a quick and easy way that I can set up an Alert on Cloverleaf that would do this for us?  It would need to fire everyday at the same time.

TIA

Corey

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Corey Lewis
      Participant

So the help is showing me this:

TIME – This defines the duration between executions of the Tcl procedure. Be sure the value is not smaller than the global polling interval (by default, this is every five seconds). This is optional. When not defined, the Tcl procedure will be executed each polling pass (by default, every five seconds).

If the On Start checkbox (optional) is not selected on the Select Tcl Alert Source dialog, the Tcl procedure does not run until the first TIME duration has expired.

The TIME value has the option of being specified with a count n time value. This value is a one-based value which indicates that the Tcl function should be executed once every n polling passes.

For example, a Tcl alert type source with the following time value:

{TIME {count 30}}

will execute its Tcl function every 30th polling pass. This means that it will be executed roughly every two minutes with the default global polling interval.

My question is where do I put that {count 30} on the alert?  I tried entering it on the Polling Period field, but that only lets me enter numerics.  What I would like is to have a tcl proc fire once a day around 10am and send a message to our paging system.  We like to know that our alerts are working.

Any thoughts?

Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Corey,

Since you are not monitoring anything specific but just want an email message to be sent at a pre-determined time, perhaps an alert is not necessary after all.

I am not sure about your need, but a simpler way to achieve this could be to use a UPoC protocol thread. In UPoC Protocol Properties –> UPoC Options, Use Advanced Scheduling to make the thread fire at exactly 10 am daily. In the “Advanced Scheduling” Setup, you just place a simple Tcl script that sends the email to the pager.

I use a similar scheme to transfer files to an outside vendor at midnight daily. It works perfectly.

I hope this helps.

Barbi
      Participant

How do you setup alert in 5.7 to go to pager??  Please help

Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Here, our pagers have an email address. So in Alert Properties —> Action, we just execute a program to send an email to the pager. We are on Unix; I use mailx but any other mail program should work. It allows me to pipe in a custom message placed in a specific directory.  Something like:

exec {mailx -s “Cloverleaf has not received any Radiology report from Transcription for at least 30 minutes” “pageraddress@company.net” < /home/hci/alertmsg/message.msg}

I hope this helps.

Barbi
      Participant

thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags