Alert problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Eric Wright
    Participant

Cloverleaf 5.8:

There’s an alert that’s firing every half hour through the night, and I’m having trouble tracking down where it’s coming from.  

The error says “the monitor deamon for site x has frozen.  Please try to restart”.

I’ve checked all of the alerts for the site and they are all set up to send a message to three email addresses and a pager, but the pager seems to be the only one getting the message.  Also, I’ve never seen an alert that says the monitor deamon is frozen.  I’ve tried looking through the monitor deamon logs, the alert logs, any log I can find and I can’t find anything that indicates where the problem is coming from.

The group that’s getting the message is our operations team that works at night and uses global monitor to monitor the system.  Not sure if there’s some way to configure specific alerts within global monitor that I haven’t checked.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Sounds like a cron job.  Who is sending email?  I would check that users crontab.  Assuming your on AIX.

Hope this helps,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Eric Wright
      Participant

Finally figured out where the alert was coming from…it was an old server that we thought was shut down.  Apparently there was a job on there that was sending out an alert.  No wonder we couldn’t find it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags