Alert in 5.3 to detect no data in > 15 min

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Alert in 5.3 to detect no data in > 15 min

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Benigno
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to create an Alert that will trigger if the inbound thread has not received any data in 15 minutes.

We are running v5.3 Rev 3 on Windows Server 2003 SP1

Here is my Alert set up:

lastr sci_siu_in actual: at least 1 > 900 nsec 5 : * * 7-17 * * 1-5 {exec sciemailr}

sciemailr is a dos .bat file that copies a text file to the c:inetpubmailrootpickup folder where it gets sent via our email system

This alert seems to fire off randomly. And even though I have set the time range 7-17 (7:00 AM – 5:00 PM) I get alerts at times past 5:00 PM

We are in the process of building a TEST v5.8 and plan to migrate to 5.8 sometime next year in LIVE. Until then I need to get this alert going on our 5.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

I recall this was the most difficult alert to get to work as desired when I set it up over a decade ago so I looked at one of ours that works and is mostly like yours.

The thing I noticed that might make a difference between yours and mine is try changing the > to >=.

If you think it will help here is one we have working properly:

{VALUE lastr} {SOURCE {ib_sms_flat_adt_l1 }} {MODE actual} {WITH 1} {COMP {>= 540}} {FOR {nmin 1}} {WINDOW {* * 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 * * 1,2,3,4,5}} {HOST {}} {ACTION {{exec {recycle_thread_alert.ksh [code]{VALUE lastr} {SOURCE {ib_sms_flat_adt_l1 }} {MODE actual} {WITH 1} {COMP {>= 540}} {FOR {nmin 1}} {WINDOW {* * 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 * * 1,2,3,4,5}} {HOST {}} {ACTION {{exec {recycle_thread_alert.ksh

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Joseph Benigno
      Participant

Thanks for the help.

When I went to update my Alert I noticed that I did have the >= after all. I guess I mis-typed that when I created my post.

I updated the Alert and took out the dashes in the Hours of Day and Days of Week.

I also changed the Alert to check for {COMP {>= 840}} {FOR {nmin 1}}

I’ll see if this makes a difference.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags