Alert for monitoring the amount of messages on a thread

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Alert for monitoring the amount of messages on a thread

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Vork
    Participant

All,

I am interested in defining an alert which keeps track of the amount of messages that are passed through a thread per unit of time. And if the amount  is below a certain threshold it should trigger. Has anybody defined such alert in the past. I am surprised that this is not a standard alert type. Transactions per second looksa bit like it but I am not sure how to use that one.

Replies highly appreciated.

Michaël Vork,

Radboudumc Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

If you manipulate the parameters for the Transactions Per Second you should be able to get what you want.  You may have to experiment and paly around with it a bit.

Transactions Per Second:
      This lists the number of transactions that are processed per second for the specified threads. This alert value is calculated by measuring the “xlate count” value over time, using: ((current xlate count) – (previous xlate count)) / ((current poll time) – (previous poll time))

For example, the polling rate is 1 second. If the value is 15 for the first polling interval and 18 for the next polling interval, the value of the alert is 3.

If the comparison value is an integer, the value is computed using integer arithmetic.

If the comparison value is a float, the value is computed using floating arithmetic.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags