Alert For Each Message Received On A Thread

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Alert For Each Message Received On A Thread

• Creator
    Topic
    Davin Studer
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out how set up an alert that will fire off each time a message is received on a specific thread.  We are trying to phase out this thread, but want to monitor it for about a year.  So, we would like to set up an alert to fire off each time a message comes in so that we can research it.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

Why use an alert?  An Alert sounds like over kill.  To me this sounds more like you should be using a TCL script to send an email or something everytime it processes a message.

John Petrucci
      Participant

There are two alert types that give you the time of the last message:

Last Receive

States the time that the last inbound message was received from the specified threads.

Last Send

States the time that the last outbound message was sent to the specified threads.

If you compare using != you will get an alert.  I’m not sure but you may need to stop and start after the alert to reset.

You could try playing with these.

Kevin Crist
      Participant

I think this would work good. i use this now and have no problems.

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=3356&highlight=catch+exec

Andrew Martin
      Participant

Depending on licensing …Why not just add another thread that is set up to go to file and use the same routing as the current thread.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If you are not ready to use the Tcl approach (which I favor by the way) you could do as suggested and route any messages to a new outbound thread.

Setup the outbound thread so it will never come to an up state (point to a localhost port which is not used for example) and on that outbound thread set an alert to check for a queue depth of greater than 1.

You may need to tweak that alert (especially for resetting once fired) but that would alert you that at least one message has been received by the inbound thread (since all messages received would be routed to the new outbound thread).

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Davin Studer
      Participant

I didn’t really think about doing it with TCL.  I wanted an alert so I got stuck on that train of thinking.  I ended up using TCL to do it.  Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags