AIX upgrade and AIX_MNRATIO=1:1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Operating Systems AIX upgrade and AIX_MNRATIO=1:1

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Goodman
    Participant

We are going from 3.8.1P and AIX 5.1L to P5.3 and AIX 5.2L.

In the past, it has been vendor-recommended to add the following to /etc/environment:

AIXTHREAD_MNRATIO=1:1

Is this still needed at the target configuration?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mike Shoemaker
      Participant

Hey Dan,  

I recently upgraded from 3.8.0P running AIX433 to 5.2P running AIX 5.2 and had all kinds of “funkyness” going on with engine process hangs.

Pretty much all of my processes at one point or another would hang at random times.  Sometimes there wouldnt even be messages flowing through the engine and a process would get hung up untill i killed it with sigkill.  Turning up the engine output was pretty much useless as well, but it did keep Charla at support busy for awhile.  

On a last ditch effort, I added the AIX_MNRATIO to the environment, cleaned up the sites, rebooted, threw a few hail marys and so far its been about a month without any processes hanging…well “un-explainable” process hangs anyway.  

I am feeling very confident that my problems are gone after I applied that fix, so my suggestion is to do it.  I believe it is to be used to any AIX version greater than 5.1 but dont quote me on that.

Thanks

Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags