ADT40 -> ADT44

• Creator
    Topic
    Albert Sinha
    Participant

I Wanted to have the ADT40 converted to ADT44  via xlate, what will be the correct commands and steps.  Any help will be highly appreciated.

Input ADT40

Output ADT44

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Specify an IB Variant and an OB variant that match the sending and receiving systems selecting the ADT^A40 IB and ADT^A44 OB.

Then use the appropriate Xlate Actions to get the needed data from the IB to the OB.

There may be some data needed for the OB which does not exist in the IB – if that is the case you will need to have discussions as to what to do.

This is functionally no different I would think than ADT^A01 to ADT^A01 for example just that some of the segments/fields/groups may or may not exist in both Event Types or may or may not be populated in use.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

ADT40 converted to ADT44 how to convert the MSH

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

This was answered in one of your previous posts:

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=8373&highlight=

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

how do the change adt40 to adt44 in msh

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

In you original post you state you want to go from ADT^A40 to ADT^A44.

You then use a ADT^A44 variant in and out and attempt to override the MSH-9 to ADT^A40. So that appears you have ADT^A44 in and out but want the ADT^A44 out marked identified as an ADT-A40.

So which is what you want? I am confused.

Also I think the segment order, etc. for an ADT^A40 is different than for an ADT^A44 so check that.

What exactly is incorrect from what you want?

What release of cloverleaf?

Albert Sinha
      Participant

Want it changed from ADT40 to ADT44

the segment sequence:

ADT40

1              R                                             MSH – Message Header

2              R                                             EVN – Event Type

R                             Y              — PATIENT ID

3              R                                             PID – Patient Identification

4              O                                             PD1 – Patient Additional Demographic

5              R                                             MRG – Merge Patient Information

6              O                                             PV1 – Patient Visit

ADT44

1              R                                             MSH – Message Header

2              R                                             EVN – Event Type

R                             Y              — PATIENT ID

3              R                                             PID – Patient Identification

4              O                                             PD1 – Patient Additional Demographic

Albert Sinha
      Participant

Version 6.0.2

In the output MSH-9 is still coming out as ADT40  not ADT44

ADT40 has PV1 and ADT44 does not , still it crossing over not getting suppressed.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

First specify ADT^A40 as your inbound variant and ADT^A44 as your outbound variant.

Then I would remove the BULKCOPY and use PATHCOPY or individual COPYs, etc. to move only what you want.

The ADT^A40 has a PV1:

ADT^A40^ADT_A39 ADT Message

MSH

{  PID

[ PD1]

MRG

[ PV1]

}

The ADT^A44 does not:

ADT^A44^ADT_A43

MSH

EVN

{  PID

[PD1]

MRG

}

I think BULKCOPY is just making a copy of the IB as OB.

In order to overcome that, I suggest not using BULKCOPY. Personally I rarely use BULKCOPY.

BUT – specify the correct Message/Event Type in your IB and OB Variants.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags