ACK back to vendor for receipt of XML file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf ACK back to vendor for receipt of XML file

• Creator
    Topic
    Wendy Holmstrom
    Participant

Is anyone sending an Acknowledgement back to a vendor for an XML file. Per the vendor, I have been sending an HL7 ACK back for an XML formatted file. It has been working up until recently – they have been sending huge xml files and are not releasing the records. They said it is because my  ‘HL7’ ack (which although they requested an HL7 format ack for which we receive an XML file) cannot handle huge packets of data from an XML file that was split up. They bumped up their buffer setting and said that  the problem is on my side. It worked for a couple od days and now the files are getting even bigger.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Wendy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Wendy,

I’m assuming that the encapsulation being used is the the standard MLP (i.e. tcp_mlp.pdl).  If so, then Cloverleaf will continue to read from the input buffer until it hits the ending encapsulation characters and then pass the message into the engine.  Have you turned up the EO to insure that the vendor is sending the appropriate encapsulation?  Who is the vendor?  I highly doubt it is a Cloverleaf issue, and turning up the EO will validate if you are getting the full inbound message enapsulated correctly.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Wendy Holmstrom
      Participant

Well, after much conversations back and forth, it ended up being an issue on the vendor side. They were trying to send the message split up in blocks of data, because they did not have the ‘buffer’ size set up high enough, the error was on their side. I never got an error, because they had not even sent the data out for me to even ack or nak on!! Yes the data is suppose to be (MLP encapsulation) – another issue that we had with them and forced them to code on their side.

Thanks for your response.

Wendy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags