Accessing hciserveradmin without using MobaXtern?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Accessing hciserveradmin without using MobaXtern?

• Creator
    Topic
    darren greenaway
    Participant

Hi,

Our security team has blocked us from using MobaXtern, would anyone know of another piece of software I can use to access hciserveradmin other than MobaXtern.

I have seen someone mention Putty but I can’t get it to work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Darren

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Although I haven’t done this, I believe you need to use Xming with puTTY and allow X-forwarding.  Another option (I think) is to use Exceed, but it isn’t free.  I think there are some other freebies similar to MobaXterm, but likely if your security team isn’t allowing MobaXterm, they wouldn’t allow those either.

You may want to check with your AIX/Unix administrators to see what they are using and request the same software (perhaps leverage their licensing)

Good Luck.

Jim Cobane – Henry Ford Health

David Barr
      Participant

For free software you could try Xming, VcXsrv, or Cygwin/X. You could also run Linux in either a virtual machine, physical machine or Windows Linux Subsystem.

Rob Lindsey
      Participant

Our security team has said no X-windowing on our network and it makes the server admin stuff very difficult.  I have had to do some odd things to get around this.

Infor should look at changing the X-windowing need to make it some web paged based or give another method from the command line or something.

David Barr
        Participant

If they are concerned about the lack of security of X windows, you should make sure that they’re aware that it can be made somewhat secure by tunneling connections over SSH, and MobaXterm does this automatically. If your servers are running on VMWare then you can log into the console directly and run hciserveradmin from there. Your organization may have another method of allowing you to log into the console remotely (or go to the console if you’re on site).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags