6.2 alert troubleshooting

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 6.2 alert troubleshooting

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Hertel
    Participant

Hi all, we are in process of upgrading to CL6.2 moving from AIX to Linux.

I see an entry in /hci/cis6.2/integrator/vmp_batch/exec/hcimonitord/alerts.log so I know the alert fired but nothing happened?

Where do I go to see an error like “vm_alert.script not found” or some other useful troubleshooting information.

[12/15/2017 14:11:36] :  Alert Fired Action

: Alert: pulsecheck | Alert_1

: Message: Engine process status of pulsecheck has been dead  for 5 minutes

: Notification #: 0

: Action: vm_alert.script “Engine process status of pulsecheck has been dead  for 5 minutes”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Austin Adams
      Participant

I am not sure if you got this resolved or not but I saw a similar issue in 6.1.  I would set up an alert and see it fire in the alert logs.  What worked for me was to restart monitord via the GUI or command line.  Have you tried that?

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Good morning.

Sorry I wasn’t clear.

The alert fired (more like misfired) as seen in the alert log snippet above.

Since nothing happened when it fired, I spent a lot of time “guessing” as to what the issue could be.

It would have helped if there was an error log that I could have referenced for troubleshooting.

And maybe there is but I couldn’t find one and thus made my post.

I eventually did figure out that the script wasn’t where it was supposed to be, and all is well. It just took a while to get there.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags