6.0 to 6.2 Migration

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf 6.0 to 6.2 Migration

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich
    Participant

Team,

As always, thank you for your quick, insightful responses!  I need to copy all of my interfaces, scripts, xlates, etc. from my 6.0 server to my 6.2 server.  Is it possible to merely copy my six sites from  /pwim/cis6.0/integrator/ ?  Otherwise, is there a tool or documentation?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

What I have done in the past when migrating to new hardware and new version is to ‘tar’ up (we are on AIX) the existing sites (i.e. cd $HCISITEDIR then tar -cvf mycurrentsite.tar NetConfig notes/NetConfig Tables Xlate eoalias formats pdls tclprocs views Alerts siteInfo ) and extract the .tar file to a pseudo ‘root’ ( such /pwim/cis6.0/integrator/ ) created on the new hardware.   Then you can run the ‘hcirootcopy’ to copy/convert the sites from the old version to the new version on the new hardware.

You don’t want to simply extract your existing sites (that are the old version) under the new version as there may be some conversion required which the ‘hcirootcopy’ would handle.

Hope that helps/makes sense.

Jim Cobane – Henry Ford Health System

Rich
        Participant

Thanks Jim!

I received the following errors when running that command from the /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/ directory.  I tar’d the site I wanted, and untarred it into a sitetar directory off of the Integrator directory.  Do I need to do some kind of site export first?

hcirootcopy -n -s swm_deva -c /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/sitetar/swm_deva
        unable to chdir to /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/sitetar/swm_deva/eoalias/root: No such file or directory
        Warning: cannot copy top level EO aliases
        swm_deva is not a valid site in /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/sitetar/swm_deva
        Could not open /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/sitetar/swm_deva/rootInfo at /pwim/cis6.2/integrator/bin/hcirootcopy line 1891.

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Your “fake” 6.2 root should be here:

/pwim/cis6.2/integrator

Under that you need each site you want to migrate.  Which means you need to move the swm_deva directory up one level.   (The “sitetar” directory is confusing things).

The syntax for hcirootcopy you should use is as follows:

setroot <cloverleaf 19.1 root>

hcirootcopy -s swm_deva -c /pwim/cis6.2/integrator

You can ignore the warning about being unable to copy top level EO aliases.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags