5.8 rev3 using AIX 6.1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 5.8 rev3 using AIX 6.1

• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Judy Johnson
    Participant

Is anyone out there successfully using cloverleaf 5.8 rev 3 with Unix 6.1.00? We have it here and seem to be having I/O issues…any input would be appreciated.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alan Fleming
      Participant

Could you elaborate on your issues please.

We have 5.8 Rev 3 up on AIX 6.1.

Things are looking good so far.

Judy Johnson
      Participant

well we are on 5.8 Rev 3 unix os level 6100.05. When our nightly backup runs, all I/O is used and messages backup for 45 minutes….also when we run our cycle scripts, any scripts using a compress command, freezes the system, records backup in the engine and not delivered until scripts are done.  Had IBM look at , and there seems to be something with file locks. Because of this, we had to comment out all compress and our backups are selective, until this is resolved.  You will see, after you run your compress, i-nodes still created and space not freed up until process is cycled.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Yes, the cycle save and i-node issue was a known issue in an earlier post.  You need to bounce the process to free up the i-nodes.   You can probably search the list to find the exact post.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=4895&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=disk+leak

Is a link to the topic regarding this problem.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Judy Johnson
      Participant

Thanks for the link…but in looking at the memory leak and smat file issues, it was suppose to be fixed in REV3… we are on REV3, unix os 6.1.0.0.5 and still experiencing this….we have ticket open with lawson and are awaiting response from R&D.

judy

Bob Schmid
      Participant

is this still an issue in  5.8.3?

Judy Johnson
      Participant

yes…we are on 5.8.3 and are still having issues….again, R&D is looking at code and we have weekly calls between them and IBM and ourselves. Will let you know what happens…hopefully soon…

Judy Johnson
      Participant

5.8.3 is cloverleaf version…..

Unix version is 6.1.0.0. 5…on a P7 box

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Greetings,

We are planning to upgrade to CIS5.8 Rev3 as well on AIX6.1 TL 6 SP5

from CIS5.7R2 (may apply R3 here soon).  My question is:  have you enabled multi-threading for your engines (processes)?   It seems from the posts and my informal talks at CUE11 with some Cloverleaf staff that most of the problems with the 5.8 engine center around the revampled core modules (C code) dealing with multi-threading.  Apparently, the AIX6.1 platform is sensitive to these changes now versus other Unix platforms.

Please (!) post any response from Cloverleaf R & D concerning the CPU utilization problems that your shop is experiencing.

Thanks from this community member for keeping us in the loop.

Alan Fleming
      Participant

We are AIX 6.1 in an LPAR environment running CIS5.8 Rev 3

Our discs are an EMC disc farm.

Our test system has been up 3 weeks with nightly backups and compress.

No issues to date. We plan to bring production up in about 2 weeks.

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Greetings,

Just a thought here but did you check the AIX installation instructions about adjusting the user MAXUPROC settings which includes number of open file handles?   The recommendations is up to 3X your current values.

Maybe a red herring but doesn’t hurt to check them.

Judy Johnson
      Participant

attn: Alan Fleming

We did not notice on our TEST box either….on your test box after you run all you compress scripts, use the following command and see if you are left with I-node file

**note: i dont have any on my test box…just production** I dont have the volumn. Even with the compress gone from our scripts, we are still getting new inodes…

set you default to /healthvision (or whatever you call your directory)

fuser -dV /healthvision

CLOVERLEAFP as hci # > fuser -dV /healthvisionp

/healthvisionp:

fd=24 7602380

fd=21 7864456

fd=24 17629320

fd=21 19988508

fd=29 34341042

fd=21 38404236

fd=24 40632532

fd=21 41156640

fd=24 49938530

fd=22 55574548

fd=24 57475274

fd=33 59572252

***above all all the inodes created, i must stop and restart all the processes to clear up***

Anonymous
      Inactive

Judy,

Did you ever resolve this issue of delayed message delivery during system backups?  I think we have a similar issue.  I

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags