5.8 Encoding Character vs. 6.2 Encoding character

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 5.8 Encoding Character vs. 6.2 Encoding character

• Creator
    Topic
    Larry Bohr
    Participant

Hello – we’re working on an upgrade to 6.2 from 5.8.  When we receive results inbound from Powerscribe – they are sending & in OBR-32 and OBR-33 as the Component separator.  In 5.8, these are converted to ^ on the outbound – however in 6.2 they are retained as & and sent over to Epic as such.  I’m not seeing where the conversion happens in 5.8 – no pre-proc or post proc or Xlate calls.  I’m hoping someone may have had a similar situation and could help me add the necessary logic to convert the inbound & for OBR-32 and OBR-33 to a ^ outbound I believe it’s going to be via an embedded Tcl call in the Xlate.

Please see attachment w/test file and .xlt attached.

Here’s what the Help file shows – however I’m hoping someone may have come upon this and can assist.

Thank you.

Encoding separators

To enable you to set encoding separators for outbound messages, elements (an ENCODE keyed list) are added into the SEPCHARS keyed list, which make the newSEPCHARS look similar to:

{FIELD “XXX”}

{COMPONENT “XXX”}

{ESCAPE “XXX”}

{SEGMENT “XXX”}

{DECIMAL “XXX”}

{ENCODE

{

{FIELD “XXX”}

{COMPONENT “XXX”}

{ESCAPE “XXX”}

{SEGMENT “XXX”}

{DECIMAL “XXX”}

}

}      

If you must change the segment separator of an outbound message, set the ENCODE.SEGMENT value in an Xlate CALL action:

set sepchars [xpmmetaget $xlateId SEPCHARS] keylset sepchars

ENCODE.SEGMENT “rn”

xpmmetaset $xlateId SEPCHARS $sepchars

You can also set the ENCODE.FIELD, ENCODE.COMPONENT, ENCODE.ESCAPE, and ENCODE.DECIMAL values in an Xlate CALL action to encode.

Example

This is an example for encoding a UN/EDIFACT message using SEGMENT “$” and FIELD “#” (only in a Tcl program):

set msgId [msgcreate]

msginsert $msgId “UNH+AA+AUTHOR

• The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags