5.3, linux & sql server

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 5.3, linux & sql server

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Melton
    Participant

Hi,

Can any one tell me if Cloverleaf 5.3 on Redhat Linux has the necessary bits and pieces to connect to MS Sql server 2005?

If so which .so driver file should i be using in the odbc.ini

Cheers,

Jason

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jason Melton
      Participant

Anybody?

Please…….

Jason

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I don’t know for sure since all I know about Linux is that it is a flavor of UNIX, but I do know with AIX we use the Cloverleaf(R) Data Integrator (DataDirect ODBC drivers) add-on to do our SqlServer integrations.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

We do not have the Cloverleaf Data Integration piece, and I tried to use an open source library for connecting to MS SQL databases but failed to get any of them to install.  Finally I found a product by EasySoft that we purchased.  it installed in less than 5 minutes, simple to use!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Is there a Tcl API for the EasySoft product?

If not, what language are you using from a Tps UPoC to access the ODBC drivers?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

I use snODBC for TCL and connect to an ODBC whose driver is from EasySoft.  If you need some examples, I’ll post them tomorrow.

Ed Mastascusa
      Participant

Hi  Jason,

We used 5.3 on AIX to connect to SQL server 2005 so hopefully that is close enough. We bought the odbc Data Direct add-on from cloverleaf.

The MS-SQL driver file (that goes with version 8.0 of the odbc package and MSSQL 2005) we use is CVmsss22.so and on our site installed to  $HCIROOT/lib/Connect5.2/lib.

The MS SQL driver files have been named CVmsss##.so, where the ## seems to be some version index.  When we were on odbc package version 6.0 and CL 3.8 the file was HCIROOT/lib/Connect4.0/CVmsss19.so. That one didn’t work with SQL server 2005 if I’m remembering correctly.

Garrett Fletcher
      Participant

Hi,

Are you trying to connect to a existing database, or are you going to develop a database to suit your needs? If you are trying to set up a new database for something you might be able to use SQLite. It integrates with tcl 8.4 and above, and its free.

Garrett

Ron Archambault
      Participant

We’re using sql server 2005. I think the first supported driver is in version 5.6. We’re running 5.7.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags