3.8.1P to 5.3 latest rev migrate question

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 3.8.1P to 5.3 latest rev migrate question

• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Stelley
    Participant

I installed 5.3 on the same server as 3.8.1p (windows 2k SP4)

“Support” is running fine

I had to make changes to “Live” on 3.8.1p since installing 5.3 so I know the 2 “Live” sides are different.

What steps should I take to bring the live side over again?

I believe I’m ready to go Live on 5.3 but I need to bring it all over again to ensure any xlates, tcl’s and routes I’ve changed are brought over again.

Thanks in advance…  ðŸ™‚

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Caragay
      Participant

Hi Doug,

If your 3.8.1 sites are different than your upgraded 5.3 sites, you need to do a couple of things before bringing 5.3 up live.  I’m assuming all your testing has been completed on the 5.3 sites.  If this is true, then you can use any available utility to compare your old site directories with the new site directories.  This could be done manually but I use a utility called UltraEdit-32 or ExamDiff Pro to do my directory compares.  Any changed file will be indentified.  Changes should be applied to the 5.3 tcl, xlate etc… to reflect the revision.   You may want to retest the 5.3 site, depending on your comfort level of going live with untested changes in 5.3.   I like to retest the site just to be sure.  For more extensive site revisions, you may want to promote the entire site again and retest.

Doug Stelley
      Participant

What are the steps to re-promote the site, so that I can retest? Due to unexpected changes within the company, a lot of interface changes had to be made between installing 5.3 and now.

The support side was virtually unchanged and it worked nicely in 5.3 from 3.8.1p, and I have high hopes/ expectations from live, but I know there are many different files…

thanks

David Caragay
      Participant

The actual steps involved can be found in the Installation Guide that is included with your 5.3 Cloverleaf.  Usually it can be accessed through the Help selection on the Cloverleaf Integrator title bar menu.  Lots of good information if you have never promoted, tested and implemented an upgraded version.  There are many shortcuts to running a site promotion but if you are unfamiliar with the process, I would suggest following the steps listed in the Installation Guide under the “Site Promotion” chapter.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags