2.4 HL7 ORU R01 IB translated to VRL (HRL?) with OBX repeating segments needed

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf 2.4 HL7 ORU R01 IB translated to VRL (HRL?) with OBX repeating segments needed

Tagged: , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Jolene DeMaiffe
    Participant

I have been told by support that I will need to create a HRL for my OBX repeating segments.  I’m fairly new to Cloverleaf and mainly use xlates HL7 to HL7, so I have not ever created an HRL with VRL’s.

Are there examples anywhere that I can refer to?  I have not found any good documentation on the how to’s.  I’d appreciate some guidance on how to create the HRL  with what the VRL’s are needing to be set up like.

I’m attaching my xlate (inbound HL7 message and outbound VRL), inbound test message & final outbound message needed.  It appears that I can’t attach them.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I assume you have the layout for the outbound message.

I also assume it is a Variable Message potentially comma delimited (but delimited in some sense).

So basically the HRL is a method to define the association among multiple VRL, FRL, and/or HRL structures.

In your case I suspect your HRL will only have the VRL resident (assuming a single level of OB message).

So you would define your VRL and once satisfied with it create a HRL (using the HRL configurator) pointing to the VRL as its only member. You will need to specify how the repetition is to exist in order to populate the multiple VRLs.

That is the high level overview. A lot of the detail depends (as it often does) on exactly what you are trying to achieve and what is required.

I am willing to work with you to help you get this set up.

email me at my email address below if you would like my assistance.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jolene DeMaiffe
      Participant

Jim was awesome with helping me out.  Thanks, Jim.

I ended up with 4 VRL’s ((1 fixed for MSH, PID, PV1, ORC, OBR) and 3 repeating for NTE, DG1 & OBX)).  those rolled up into the main HRL.  It works pretty slick.

It is hard to explain – wish Infor had better reference guides.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags