"1C" causes no-match

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf "1C" causes no-match

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel Lee
    Participant

We have an inbound document interface into Cloverleaf that receives MDM documents from a foreign interface engine.  It appears that sometimes user

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Dan Loch
      Participant

Daniel,

The same thing is happening on our engine.

Have you any solution yet?

Dan

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

I have written such things in the past but they become very convoluted.  So it is possible to do in PDL

I would try it first with encapsulated mode under the TCP/IP protocol.  I have not tested it yet but I think it would work

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

I just tested it on my box.  I defined IB Protocol as TCPIP/Encapsulated and selected MLLP.  I then sent an HL7 message via PDL from another thread with an embedded HEX 1C.  I received entire message including the HEX 1C

So if you use this you may want to add a simple string map command to remove any embedded HEX 1C characters

Ronald Ortiz
      Participant

Charlie Bursell wrote:

I just tested it on my box.

Darcy Kemp
      Participant

Hi, We are running 5.7.3 and don’t see an option for Encapsulated mode for TCP/IP.   How does one define it?  Thank you.

Russ Ross
      Participant

Another approach to work around the problem could be to negotiate with vendor to see if they can do straight TCP/IP length encoded connection then whatever is sent will make it to Cloverleaf.

Once on Cloverleaf the undesired character can be stripped like Charlie already mentioned.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

The obvious question is why are you still on 5.7?

The best solution would be to have your vendor read the HL7 standard with emphasis on communication protocols.  He would see that he, not you, should take care of the bogus charactor.

Darcy Kemp
      Participant

I have been in this particular position just 6 months.  In that time I have re-worked old xlates, tcls, and formats, to eliminate numerous standing issues, and resolved department issues.   I have move the engine from a non compliant to compliant Op sys and gone from 5.7 to 5.7.3.  Thanks Charlie..believe me…. I am working on it…  ðŸ™‚

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags